星期四, 六月 29, 2006

Market and Hang out

Today, I went to the public market. This was the first time I went for the summer. Esther drove and, Fook Nee and Pritti joined us too. I was able to enjoy the cold fresh air from outside of the car. We had the window wind down. It was peaceful during the time we did our shopping at the market. The last time I came down here was with Renee before winter. I don't think I ever go there during the Spring. There were many differences in the goods that were sold. There are sure more fresh and cheap than usual time. I was amazed to buy 1 dollar long whole wheat bread that one can buy from Walmart, which normally cost 3 dollars or more. Beside from apples, tomatoes, honey dew, carrot, peaches, the most interesting purchase was the cherries. As you can see from the pictures, those cherries are really different. They are fresh and sweet unlike the weird tasting cherries from the can. Esther, Fook Nee and I shared 9 dollar 4 lb cherries. The amount I have right now is more than enough for me. So great to be able to taste on these delicious cherries. Don't you think they are c0lourful?

I learned new Tamil word from Esther...guess how it sounds like... 'cherry cherry'..I hope it spells the same. It means 'Ok , Ok' :D So coincident , isnt' it...

Beautiful fresh cherries bought from the public market. Posted by Picasa


~~~----~~ --- ~~~~

At about 5 pm, Esther and Fook Nee came to fetch me from my house. They were late because they had to cook the chicken curry. I felt more energetic to talk or get involve in their conversation compared to this morning when I was with to the public market. I felt more relieved and light hearted after my wories about research meeting at 3 pm today. I guess for a person like me to be able to enjoy the time with other people, I should at first dissolve the worries in my heart. If not, I won't be able to see the meaningful time with friends. I am not like other people, or maybe it is common, I usually keep my problems in my heart. I rarely show them in front of my friends. Beside from wanting to make them worry about me in return, I have already made decision of taking the chance of being with them. Why make situation sour with my problems, when everyone is having fun. It is not often that we were able to hang out together like this especially with Christian sisters. Well, back to the point, I enjoyed the dinner with them. Also, the table conversation between Fook Nee, Esther and I was some what too girly for Yat Wei to the point that he took out his fishing rod. He went to the river under the highways not far from Fook Nee's house, to fish. But to no avail, when we saw him cycling towards us with the fishing rod tug inside his back pack, we found out that he didn't bait any fish. The more funny thing was he stuck his bicycle into Esther's back car and had Fook Nee to hold the fishing road vertically, sticking out through the car's window. I guess he would have just cycled home if he caught something.

I find today very exciting and exhilarating , even though we didn't do much, because the peaceful time was spent with good sisters Talking about sister, I ought to visit Yan Yan tomorrow. Sigh...I like my oranges. Well, friendship is more important, gonna give them to her.

0 Comments:

发表评论

<< Home